The Rochester Sportsmen Club is also home to two lighted trap fields. The RSC has recently purchased two new GMV Trap Machines, one of which throws doubles. During the spring and summer months, we host a true 16 yard, 50 bird event. Come out and practice with us year round every Wednesday evening at 6:00 PM. If you have any questions concerning the events or trap shooting, contact Jerry Hooks or Bill Campbell.
Safety Rules for Sporting Clays and Trap
- Always carry your gun open at all times.
- Always point guns in a safe direction.
- Open the gun and confirm gun is empty when changing stations.
- Eye and ear protection are always worn when on the range.
- Don’t mix different gauge ammunition.
- Misfire? Keep gun pointed down range, open gun and check for obstructions.
- No gun is to be loaded until the barrel is placed over the shooting rail, or shooter is ready to call for the bird.
- “Trapper ready” is the start signal, to alert the trapper.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- No Alcohol or drugs will be tolerated or allowed when shooting.