Note to all RSC members: The pistol and rifle range are closed on scheduled Sporting Clay and Archery Shoots.
The Rochester Sportsmen Club rifle range is open for pistol shooting as well as 100, 200, and 300 yard rifle shooting. The Joseph J. Brunner Rifle Range rules can be found below.
Joseph J. Brunner Rifle Range
This range is dedicated to Joe and the Brunner family,
for their unselfish dedication to both the community and our club.
With their help we now have a safer, state of the art rifle range.
- The rifle range is open to members only from sunrise until sunset.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages on the range at anytime. No smoking on the firing line.
- All shooters & spectators MUST wear eye and ear protection at all times.
- Use paper and/or cardboard targets only, posted within the orange boundaries as marked on each target framework. No bottles or cans for targets. Do not walk on backstop berm.
- No shooting in the air or at the ground. No cross range shooting. Do not post targets on beams or post. Do not post targets on portable frames at mid range. NO EXPECTIONS!
- All actions must be open and unloaded whenever anyone is down range posting or removing targets. No handling of guns by anyone at anytime when someone is down range, including loading and unloading a vehicle. Whenever there are multiple shooters, a RANGE OFFICER should be appointed. There is a RED DOWN RANGE INDICATOR FLAG located at the middle bench. Before you go down range, YOU MUST stand the flag up to let everyone know someone is down range.
- All firearms are to be handled in a safe manner at all times with the muzzles pointed in a safe direction.
- No 50 cal. BMG or larger are permitted (except muzzle loaders). No armor or tracer ammunition is permitted.
- NO FULLY AUTOMATIC FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED AT THE RIFLE RANGE AT ANY TIME.
- Keep the range clear of targets, cardboard, cleaning patches, rags and brass when you have finished shooting. If you brought it in; you take it out. Be courteous and clean after yourself.
- Shotgun use is permitted on the rifle range with single projectile or buck shot only. There is a pattern board located on the trap field.
- A parent, or other adult over 21 years of age, must accompany all shooters under the age of 18.
- Be prepared to show proof of a paid up membership when using the range, should you be asked.
- Do not drive vehicles past firing line for any reason except by range management and special events.
- Misconduct of any kind can result in loss of range privileges and/or membership in the club.
- Binary Explosives are forbidden and can result in a fine up to $1000 per violation before the District Justice of New Sewickley Township. “Binary Explosives” are any chemical compounds or mechanical mixtures that contain oxidizing and combustible units or other ingredients in such proportions, quantities, or packing that ignition by fire, friction, concussion, percussion, or detonation of any part of the compound or mixture may and is intended to cause an explosion. This includes 1) the product sold as “Tannerite,” 2) any other products sold in two or more components that are advertised and sold together with instructions on how to combine the components to create an explosive, or 3) any other products sold separately and then combined to create an explosive.
BE SAFE! KEEP THE RANGE CLEAN!!!
“As a member of this club, it is your responsibility to know these rules”
By Direction: RSC Range Committee and RSC Board of Directors