The Rochester Sportsmen Club offers its members and the general community a 100 target walk-through sporting clays course. RSC hosts several shoots throughout the year. Check our Calendar of Events and come on down to find out how much fun this is for yourself. Cost varies from event to event depending upon the meals or prizes offered. It is our hope in the future to have this course ready for golf carts and ATV-type vehicles for handicap accessibility.
The course is walker friendly and Shooters can bring their own ATV / UTV.
The 16 station clays course offers an excellent variety of target presentations.
- Right & Left Crossers
- Teals, Battue & Mini
- True Pair
- Following Pair
- Report Pair
$30 per 100 targets ($25 for youths 16 and under); all squads have their own experienced trapper. If you have any questions, contact Jerry Hooks at 724-601-6964 or Mike Frynkewicz at 412-953-3570.
2017 Scheduled Sporting Clay Shoots
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- April – 22
- May – 13
- May – 27
- June – 10
- June – 24
- July – 8
- July – 22
- August – 12
- August – 26
- September – 9
- September – 23
- October – 14
The pistol and rifle range are closed on scheduled sporting clay shoots.
Safety Rules for Sporting Clays and Trap
- Always carry your gun open at all times.
- Always point guns in a safe direction.
- Open the gun and confirm gun is empty when changing stations.
- Eye and ear protection are always worn when on the range.
- Don’t mix different gauge ammunition.
- Misfire? Keep gun pointed down range, open gun and check for obstructions.
- No gun is to be loaded until the barrel is placed over the shooting rail, or shooter is ready to call for the bird.
- “Trapper ready” is the start signal, to alert the trapper.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- No Alcohol or drugs will be tolerated or allowed when shooting.